Monday, March 31, 2008

What It Takes To Be A Fan


Fan hood is something we should all be proud of. We are all fans of one thing or another at some point in time in our lives. As fans we are passionate about our sport and will defend it to the best of our ability. Fan hood means watching every second of every game that you could. Its feeling like something terrible happened in your life when your favorite team loses. From a young age I have been following sports and I feel they are a part of me. Baseball season start tonight and the Mets will play the normal 162 games this year. That’s 162 nights give or take that I will be watching the Mets play. I have been a Jacksonville Jaguars fan since their inception into the NFL in 1995. I began to like the Jaguars because their colors, teal and black caught my eye. Today I am a fan of more than their colors but that is how it all started. After so much time and dedication to your team fans like to feel they are a part of the team. People speak in terms like “we won today” or “my patriots will beat the giants today”. Fan hood is a special thing, that no one can take away from us and for that reason it should be cherished.

No comments: