Monday, March 31, 2008

My First Game Ever


The first ever football game I attended was the Jacksonville Jaguars vs. The New York Giants at Giants stadium. I remember that day as it were yesterday and I can still feel the freezing cold wind on my face. It was so cold that day I had multiple layers of clothing and even brought a sleeping bag in order to combat the cold. As a Jaguars fan I was dressed in teal and black and all my clothes were emblazoned with the jaguar’s logo. Many giants’ fans found it odd and even questioned my father as to why I was a Jacksonville jaguars fan. I found it amusing that these fans actually found it offensive that I was a jaguars fan sitting at Giant’s stadium. I vividly remember waiting in the line at the stadium in my Jaguars gear standing behind a barrage of middle aged men who all were proudly wearing their giants garb. Even though the Jaguars lost the game I enjoyed it because it is was an exciting game with many lead changes. Ironically At the time the Jaguars head coach was Tom Coughlin, who is now as we know a super bowl winning coach with the New York Giants. No one could have guessed that less than ten years later Tom Coughlin would be coaching the giants to one of the greatest Super Bowl wins ever.

No comments: