Friday, April 18, 2008

Golf


I am not a very big fan of the sport of golf but I have a tremendous amount of respect for golfers and the sport itself. Some debate if golf can even be classified as a sport. I agree it does not require much athleticism or body condition but it is a sport nonetheless. As a sports fan I greatly admire the precision, patience, and calculations that are necessary to succeed. How could a golfer hit a tiny golf ball over three hundred yards away and make it land within feet of the cup? It is actually quite astonishing. It is amazing how skilled theses golfers must be in order to succeed. I feel golf as a whole deserves more recognition and support. Tiger Woods is a household name and might be the best golfer to ever play the game. He is often compared to Jack Nicklaus but some say he is not as good because he does not have a signature comeback victory in the Majors. I admire what tiger has done for the sports and I hope the popularity of golf increases.

No comments: