Friday, April 18, 2008

Meeting John Maine



On Saturday, New York Mets starting pitcher John Maine held a signing event at BC sports in the Staten Island Mall. I had been looking forward to meeting John Maine last season but the event had to be cancelled because John was actually pitching that night. He finally made his long appearance Saturday night from 6:00-7:30. There was a very long line to meet the young, rising star but it moved quickly. Although the line moved quickly it felt like it took forever to get to him. It probably felt so long because I had been anticipating it for so long. It is always interesting when meeting celebrities because you never know what type of personality they really have. People have a predisposed opinion on what they think the person will be like. I was not surprised to find out that John Maine is a very nice guy. Mr. Maine was very polite to all of his fans and had no problem posing for countless pictures. I kind of always knew John Maine was a good person. Anyway, I had purchased a wonderful 8x10 picture for John Maine to sign. He signed the picture with no problem and even posed for a picture. Along with the signature I received a certificate of authenticity to prove the autograph is valid. I was very happy I attended and look forward to meeting for sports players. Yesterday, John Maine secured his first win of the season with a dominating performance over the Washington Nationals.

No comments: